TECHNICAL WRITER | DESIGNER
Highly qualified, motivated professional with diverse experience and solid track record of producing commercial-quality User Manuals, Reference and Installation Guides, Online Help systems, Web-based content and marketing materials. Extremely focused, detail-oriented and versatile to achieve in a competitive, fast-paced working environment. Major strengths include the ability to formulate and convey technical vision to non-technical personnel and effectively match the message to the audience.
- Accomplished communicator, able to conduct presentations to varied audiences. Highly polished organizational communications skills. Develops productive working relationships and alliances.
- Leadership skills: enthusiastic individual with excellent work ethic. Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of management techniques, organizational development, team building and project execution. Experienced in the implementation of training initiatives to develop, retain and motivate effective personnel. Ability to manage cross-functional teams.
- Skilled designer and developer of Web-application GUIs, HTML-based Help systems, print-based documentation, and Web graphics. Writer and editor of software and hardware user guides, application notes, product and technology briefs, RFPs, proposals, and marketing materials. Developer of large-scale, complex Visio drawings of enterprise solutions. Established reputation for accuracy and dependability.
- Highly proficient on PC and Macintosh OS
Software knowledge includes:
Adobe Acrobat Flash MadCap Flare TFS Confluence Wiki FrameMaker Photoshop Word Dreamweaver JIRA PowerPoint WinCVS Excel Illustrator RoboHelp Visio Final Cut Pro InDesign SharePoint Visual Studio Code
CAREER PATH/CONTRACT POSITIONSSenior Technical Writer—Conduent, Irvine, California May 2018–Present
Member of technical writing team.
- Developed and maintain SharePoint Publications Portal providing internal/external clients access to all documentation
- Draft monthly Software Change Requests (SCRs) Release Notes for internal/external clients that document new and modified features and functionality in the company's web-based applications
- Draft User Guides, Supplemental Guides, Quick Reference Guides, Product Bulletins, Knowledgebase Articles, and Visio Workflows
- Developed the company's first Technical Writers' Style Guide to ensure documentation consistency
- Rebranded the company's Product Bulletins, Training Bulletins, White Papers, and Knowledgebase Articles porting the contents of each into templates incorporating the new Conduent branding
- Responsible for FrameMaker-to-Flare conversions of the entire library of technical documentation
Sole technical writer of Cost Containment team.
- Responsible for organizing, designing, and drafting User Guide content of 560 new features of the company's proprietary health insurance claims management software system.
Member of the AdWords team.
- Responsible for content modeling; writing, editing and coding Help Center articles, reviewing and drafting UX text, and developing tooltips for AdWords and AdWords Editor.
Sole technical writer of IT team.
- Drafted IT processes and run books in Confluence
- Drafted User Stories in JIRA
Senior technical writer of three member Audit & Risk team tasked to standardize process documentation across the enterprise in response to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB).
- Developed Technical Writing Style Guide
- Developed Word templates for enterprise-wide use
- Drafted and edited process documentation for a variety of customer programs
- Provided Word 2010 training
- Mentored junior technical writer
Sole technical writer responsible for developing documentation process, creating Word templates and CSS files for standardizing and branding print and online documentation sets, and writing Release Notes, Datasheets, User Guides, Installation Guides and Online Help.
- Designed and developed company's first HTML-based Online Help system
- Designed and developed customer-facing Product Documentation Portal
- Developed Technical Publications Group Wiki
Responsible for designing and writing Job Aids, Tip Sheets, PowerPoint Presentations, Quick Reference Guides, and User Guides for training 1200 employees of the country's third largest mutual fund operator on Remedy 7.6.
- Developed content, graphics, and Flash for internal corporate website
- Developed online HTML-based Glossaries for six corporate initiatives
Designed, developed and maintained the Corporate Publications Intranet; maintained the corporate website. Designed, wrote and edited monthly HTML-based OEM, Channel and Reseller newsletters and marketing e-mails; produced and edited digital videos and product photography.
- Success of Intranet resulted in department being given responsibility for all corporate websites
- Developed standard for HTML-based Online Help systems and product documentation
- Developed standard for quarterly product CDs
Certificate Program for Technical Writing and Editing
University of Washington–Seattle, WA
Bachelor of Arts in Theatre Arts and Communication
University of Richmond–Richmond, Virginia
LinkedIn: My LinkedIn Profile
Copyright © 2020 Josh Wertheimer. All rights reserved.